We’re recruiting for a Part Time Financial Assistant.
Come and join an established, growing business. As a leading UK Veterinary Contract Research Organisation, we count many of the top 10 global animal health companies amongst our clients. We also work closely with universities and the general public.
Job Description: Part-time Financial Assistant Role
Working closely with the Financial Controller you will support the finance team, with duties including:
- Enter purchase invoices, expense claims and other financial information
- Reconcile petty cash, bank and credit card statements
- Filing finance paperwork
- Assist in paying suppliers via credit card or online
- Assist with managing sales ledger e.g. discussing payments with clients
- Answer day to day financial queries regarding supplier or customer invoices/payments and act upon information or requests as required.
Any other duties/activities requested of you by management
Permanent, part time: 6 hours a week [Day to suit both parties] with additional holiday [including school holiday] cover as required. Notice will be given with as much advance warning as possible.
- Competent and experienced using SAGE 50 accounts
- Computer literate and organised
- Valid driver’s licence plus own transport due to geographical location of Ridgeway
- Adaptable and grasps new skills quickly
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication and record keeping skills
- Works well in team environment but able to work independently and take initiative
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work flexible hours
Must be experienced in SAGE accounts
This post would suit someone who can be flexible with work hours and wants a part time job in a small friendly business.
Salary band – £16,000 – £18,500 pro rata according to experience
St Briavels, Gloucestershire
Important Other Information
The candidate would need to be comfortable with the idea of farm animal research associated with improving animal health.
We are also closely linked to Ridgeway Science, currently located on the same site which delivers business solutions to farmers looking to increase their herd fertility.
Email C/V and covering letter to Joanna Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 22nd June 2017 @ 5pm
Interview date: Week starting the 26th June 2017
Download the job spec here