We’re recruiting for a part-time, temporary Financial Assistant [Absence cover]
Ridgeway Research Limited is a UK Contract Research Organisation within the Animal Health Industry delivering research & development on veterinary medical and feed additive products. We count many of the top 10 global animal health companies amongst our clients and we also work with universities, vets, the farming community and the general public.
Job Description: Part-time Financial Assistant [temporary absence cover]
Working closely with the Financial Controller you will support the team with duties including:
- Enter purchase invoices, expense claims and other financial information
- Reconcile petty cash, bank and credit card statements
- Filing finance paperwork
- Assist in paying suppliers via credit card or online
- Assist with managing sales ledger e.g. discussing payments with clients
- Assist with administering monthly payroll
- Assist with monthly VAT return and EC sales list/Intrastat submission
- Answer day to day financial queries regarding supplier or customer invoices/payments and act upon information or requests as required.
- Staff timesheet inspection
- Any other duties/activities requested of you by your manager
Part time, temporary: 22 hours a week [Days/hours to suit both parties]. Initial contract / assignment involves 8 to 10 weeks absence cover. This may be extended due to circumstances.
Immediate start required.
- Competent, confident and experienced using SAGE 50 accounts
- Competent, confident and experienced using Excel
- Computer literate and organised
- Valid driver’s licence plus own transport due to geographical location of Ridgeway
- Adaptable and grasps new skills quickly
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication and record keeping skills
- Works well in team environment but able to work independently and take initiative
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Any relevant qualifications
This post would suit someone who can be flexible with work hours, looking for temporary work and can hit the ground running in a small friendly business.
Salary according to experience or self-employed considered.
St Briavels, Gloucestershire
Important Other Information
The candidate would need to be comfortable with the idea of farm animal research associated with improving animal health.
We are also closely linked to Ridgeway Science, currently located on the same site which delivers business solutions to farmers looking to increase their herd fertility.
Email C/V and covering letter to Joanna Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 18th March 2019 @ 5pm
Interview date: TBC